Introduction and Objectives:
Reader’s Club is an assemblage of students and teachers with aims to develop reading habit and information literacy skills among students and teachers, which is the primary objective of a school library. It is a device through with a child is exposed to all sorts of cultural and creative activities related to book reading.
- Class Representatives(VI-XII)
Teachers: 2 (Two) teachers with good reading habit
Librarian: as the Convener
Members: (50-75)/Selected as part of the school’s club activity planning
This committee shall meet as often as possible but at least once in three months. The Reader’s Club President and Secretary shall be given with badges as a promotional measure.
*There may be separate bulletin boards for Reader’s Club.
READERS’ CLUB ACTIVITIES
1. Book review corner
2. Story corner
3. Creative Corner
4. Enactment Corner
5. Focus Corner
6. Interview Corner
7. G.K. Corner
8. Clipping Corner
- Book review writing,
- reading competition,
- story telling,
- book jacket/book mark designing,
- literary quiz,
- spot poetry writing,
- slogan writing, poster designing, etc
- Book exhibitions
- Awards: Reader of the Month / Best reader awards
- Meet the Author, My dear Book (Book talks) etc
- visit to a local library,
- Assembly programmes: weekly book review in the assembly in English and Hindi,enacting the famous characters from a book, etc.